In recognising the role of fathers in families and the importance of Fathers’ Day, FamilyVoice is pleased to announce that a photograph of the Rev Hon Fred Nile MLC is the inaugural 2021 Father’s Day Photographic Competition Winning photo submitted by Rev Hon Fred Nile’s parliamentary office staff.
The winning photograph met the essential requirements of the competition with the photo exemplifying fathers or grandfathers in family life, work life, leisure life, church life, or in a community life setting.
Fred Nile is both a father and grandfather and indeed often referred to as ‘Father’ of the NSW Parliament being the longest-serving member of the New South Wales Parliament entering the Legislative Council in 1981. Rev Hon Fred Nile MLC is retiring in November 2021.
“Rev Hon Fred Nile MLC has not only been a strong advocate of the role of fathers in families but also ‘Fatherhood’ at home and work. Fred Nile has always said fathers should be loving, protective, loyal, faithful, community spirited and promoting family relationships,” said Greg Bondar, Coordinator of the Father’s Day Competition Judging Panel.
The runner-up entries were:
Second – Photo of Joseph and Emeric Gora, from Tasmania
Third – photo of Robert Willcocks' 90th birthday party, from South Australia
Further details: Greg Bondar – 0411 854 115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photo included in the 2022 FamilyVoice Australia Calendar
- Garage Door Seal Kit for either a sectional/Panelift or roller garage door, valued at $388. Supplied by SYG - Seal Your Garage.
Photographic eligibility requirements:
1. Photos entered must be of a male who is or was a father of one or more children to the same mother.
2. The photograph should be a photo that captures ‘Fatherhood’ and embody those traits highly regarded in fathers such as loving, protection, loyalty, fidelity, community spirited and promotes family relationships.
3. The photo should try to exemplify family life, work life, leisure life, church life, or community life.
4. The photo can be either Colour or Black and White.
5. Photos must be submitted as a JPEG or PNG file.
6. Maximum number of photos for entry is two (2) in either of the two categories.
7. Photos can be self-portraits.
8. There is a $5.00 administration fee for each photo which is refundable to the winners in each category.
9. All photographs once submitted into the Competition become the property of FamilyVoice Australia for the purposes of promotion and for use in its publications.
10. Entries close 5:00pm 25 August 2021.