FamilyVoice Australia is pleased to announce the launch of its National Mother of the Year Awards in recognition of International Women's Day (March 8).
“FamilyVoice has always supported the belief of recognising the maternal service and sacrifice mothers make as an integral part of the traditional* family unit. In this regard, we have chosen to fill the void left by Barnardo’s Australia given that they will sadly no longer offer the Mother of the Year Award,” said Greg Bondar, national coordinator for the awards.
Mothers are an amazing group of people, changing the world in a variety of ways every single day. From volunteering in classrooms to testifying in the public arena, mums are making a difference in their communities, workplace, churches, and beyond.
“FamilyVoice wants to continue the tradition of recognising outstanding mothers who are passionate about making the world a better place for children and families and for the benefit of the next generation,” added Mr Bondar.
Details of the Awards:
FamilyVoice will announce the winners in each category during the week of Mothers’ Day each year commencing Sunday 9 May 2021.
· Young Mother of the Year – up to 25 years of age
· Mother of the Year – Open age
· Grandmother of the Year Award – Open age
· To honour and recognise mothers through the ‘Mothers of the Year Awards’
· To highlight the importance mothers play in the development of the child and family
· To recognise that mothers make a positive impact at home, work, church and in the wider Australia community
· A Certificate and sponsored Prizes to each winner and presented by a Sponsor/Supporter
Applications & Nominations:
Nominations have now CLOSED.
Mother of the Year Awards eligibility requirements:
1. A nominee for FamilyVoice Mother of the Year must be the mother of one or more children.
2. She should embody those traits highly regarded in mothers such as loyalty, fidelity, community spirited and display the ability to strengthen family relationships.
3. She should exemplify in her life and conduct the power of a mother’s inner strength to deal with the successes and challenges in life.
4. She should also exhibit an interest in her community by participation in programs and services that enrich mothers, children and/or families.
5. There is a $10.00 administration fee which is refundable to the winner(s).
Proudly sponsored by: