The Labor government has announced draft legislation that will take Australia back to the dark ages as far as protecting the best interests of children.
The following will no longer be deemed important in making decisions about children’s care:
· Ensuring children benefit from meaningful involvement with both parents.
· Children’s right to know and be cared for by both parents.
· Children’s right to spend regular time with both parents and other significant people like grandparents.
· Parents jointly sharing duties and responsibilities for the kids’ care and development.
· Parents agreeing about future parenting of children.
Family Law Professor Patrick Parkinson, who advised the Howard government when the 2006 reforms were introduced, warns that dads will be ‘cut out’ by the proposed family law changes.
‘Under the guise of simplification, it actually involves radical change and radical reversal,’ Professor Parkinson says.
Please send a message to Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and Attorney General Mark Dreyfus to get them to stop this terrible change.